NZ Chamber Constitution.
The 2017 Constitution was amended and accepted by the members at the Annual General Meeting held on Thursday, 28 September 2017 at the New Zealand High Commissioner’s Residence.
Terms and Conditions of Membership of the New Zealand Chamber of Commerce, Singapore
In the process as a condition of becoming a member of the NZ Chamber of Commerce Singapore (NZ Chamber) and the NZ Chamber allowing me to participate in NZ Chamber events and by ticking the box marked [“I AGREE”], I agree to the following terms:
In consideration of your accepting me as a member the NZ Chamber of Commerce Singapore and permitting me to participate in events, I:
- Agree to abide by the principles set out in the Constitution of the NZ Chamber the Code of Conduct (refer set out below) and any rules of applying to any events organised, supported, hosted or co-ordinated by the New Zealand NZ Chamber of Commerce and
- For myself (and my partner), I release and discharge NZ Chamber, its officers, servants employees and agents or and other persons authorised by NZ Chamber from any or all losses, costs (including reasonable legal fees), claims, demands, actions, or causes of action, on account of my or my partner’s death or on account of any injury (including injury resulting in death) however caused or sustained by me or my partner and however such a claim arises (whether in contract, or tort (including negligence) or under any other cause of action) and for loss of or damage (however caused) to my or my partner’s personal belongings suffered at any time during my (our) attending the said such activities events.
- For myself (and my partner), grant NZ Chamber the worldwide, perpetual, absolute, royalty-free and irrevocable and unrestricted right and unrestricted permission concerning any photographs images that may be taken of me or my partner(us) (the Images), to use, reuse, copy, alter, adapt, publish, and republish and distribute the photographs images in whole or in part, individually or in connection with other material, in any and all media now or hereafter known, including the internet, and for any purpose whatsoever, specifically including, without limitation, illustration, promotion, art, editorial, advertising, and trade, without restriction as to alteration. I release and discharge NZ Chamber from any and all claims and demands that may arise out of or in connection with the use of the photographs. Images, including without limitation any and all claims for defamation, libel or violation of any right of publicity or privacy. This authorization and release shall also inure to the benefit of the heirs, legal representatives, licensees, successors and assigns of NZ Chamber.
- As a member of NZ Chamber, I recognise that personal data about me is held for the purpose of membership communications and management. By the terms of the NZ Chamber’s Constitution, this information is for use by members the NZ Chamber and NZ Chamber members only and is securely stored at all times. Primary use by NZ Chamber is for communication and maintenance of the membership database. I acknowledge that NZ Chamber Members may access the membership directory database which contains the registered phone number, address and email provided by me (for the purposes of communicating with me). I acknowledge that my date of birth is used for validation purposes to reset password and is never revealed to members as part of the membership database.
- As a member of the NZ Chamber I agree not to use contact details available to me through the membership database for any form of unsolicited mass communication or spam.
You have now completed the membership application.
Thank you for joining New Zealand Chamber of Commerce Singapore
Code of Conduct
The following Code of Conduct is taken as accepted by members upon being accepted as members of the New Zealand Chamber of Commerce Singapore. I agree to comply with the following Code of Conduct.
Membership of and/or The participation of NZ Chamber members and as a non-members in events, meetings and activities of The New Zealand Chamber of Commerce Singapore (“NZ Chamber” ) are subject to the terms and conditions set out in this Code of Conduct and such other terms and conditions as may be prescribed from time to time by the NZ Chamber (“Code of Conduct”).
As a professional business network organisation, the NZ Chamber expects members and non-member participants in Chamber events and activities (i.e., ‘walk-ins’) to observe and abide by the this Code of Conduct, upholding the values, professionalism and integrity of the NZ Chamber.
In the event of any breach of or non-compliance by a member or non-member participant with any of the terms of this Code of Conduct, whether or not such breach or non-compliance is the subject of a complaint by another NZ Chamber member or other non-member participant, the NZ Chamber reserves the right to take appropriate action against the defaulting individual including, but not limited to, exclusion from NZ Chamber events, removal from NZ Chamber premises and suspension of membership and/or membership benefits.
In the case of severe material or persistent non-compliance with this Code of Conduct by a member, the Chamber reserves the right to terminate the membership of the defaulting member, without liability to refund to such defaulting member any amount of membership fees paid in advance, whether in full or pro rata.
The obligations and responsibilities of all members of the NZ Chamber and non-member participants are as follows:
1. To maintain the highest standards of conduct and engage in NZ Chamber events in a professional and dignified manner, acting with integrity and respectfulness when interacting with NZ Chamber invitees and guests, other members and their guests and the general public.
2. Not to speak or to comment on behalf of the NZ Chamber or hold oneself out as having authority to do so unless specifically requested or instructed or otherwise having obtained prior consent to do so from the Executive Committee of the Board of the NZ Chamber.
3. Not to act in such a way that the Board of the NZ Chamber deems, in its reasonable opinion, to be injurious or prejudicial to the character or interests or reputation of the NZ Chamber.
4. To respect and comply with reasonable requests or directions given by NZ Chamber staff, office bearers holders or NZ Chamber-authorised third parties – for example at NZ Chamber events hosted at external venues – and not to act in such a way at any NZ Chamber event or activity, whether on NZ Chamber premises or at an external venue, that would be likely to cause injury or harm to self or to others.
5. To respect the confidentiality requirements and privacy policies of the NZ Chamber, and confidentiality requirements requested to be observed by NZ Chamber invitees, guests, other members and their guests. This includes, without limitation, refraining from activities or practices that are or could be construed to be anti-competitive or collusive or anti-trust in nature.
6. To respect the right of NZ Chamber staff, office bearer, members and non-member participants to a safe environment when working for, or attending or participating in events, meetings or activities hosted or facilitated by, the NZ Chamber, free from harassment, abuse or discrimination and, in particular, not to use threatening behaviour towards nor harass any member of NZ Chamber staff or NZ Chamber member, invitee, guest or other non-member participant.
7. To ensure that communication with NZ Chamber employees, office bearers holders and members is measured, reasonable and professional and devoid of any comments against any of them in their personal capacity.
8. Not to issue – whether via email, phone, SMS, social media or similar platform other medium or platform – any malicious, inflammatory, critical, defamatory, abusive or threatening messages or statements in relation to the NZ Chamber or its members, invitees or guests.
9. To act in accordance with the laws, rules and regulations of Singapore.
10. To abide by the NZ Chamber’s Constitution and any conflict of interest guidelines or other policies and codes as may be issued or updated from time to time by the NZ Chamber.